Danforth Pewter Oil Lamp - Captain
The Captain Oil Lamp is a medium-sized lamp with a beautifully contoured pewter base that is handspun on a century-old lathe, then fitted with a burner and custom glass chimney, all by human hands. Oil lamps add the perfect ambiance to any room, indoors or outdoors. Great as a centerpiece for the dining room table or on the living room mantle.
Danforth oil lamps are as functional as they are beautiful. Enjoy the light of an oil lamp while you sit on the porch after the evening sunset, read by the fire, or host an intimate gathering with loved ones.
Oil lamps create a cozy, unique atmosphere in any room.
They are fit for many occasions:
- housewarming gifts
- backyard summer barbecues
- spring and autumn nights on the deck
- use them if the power goes out to light up the darkness
- use them nightly as the sun goes down to create a beautiful evening ritual
- a wedding gift that "lights the way" for newlyweds as they begin their lives together
- meaningful anniversary gift that honors many years of love and intimacy
- holiday decor, perfect for sitting around the Christmas tree
- create an intimate New Year's Eve at home
DIMENSIONS & SPECIFICATIONS
Each oil lamp is spun individually, by hand by talented pewter spinners. For this reason, all dimensions are approximate. Subtle variations are natural.
- The Captain Oil Lamp holds 8 oz. of oil. Oil burns at approximately 3 hours per ounce (based on our smokeless liquid paraffin oil)
- Stands 9" high, including the glass chimney. The pewter base measures 5" in diameter.